Adding Phone Numbers
Before making any calls within Sales Sling you will need to purchase phone numbers. These phone numbers will be used for both inbound and outbound calling. To add a phone number head go to Settings>Phone>Phone Numbers and click on the orange "+ Manually Add Number" button.
Search for the area code you would like. If phone numbers are available in that area, you will be able to one from the available list. (NOTE: If the area you would like is not available, please contact us and we can help secure a number for you)
Configuring Phone Numbers
There are 2 types of phone numbers within Sales Sling; Campaign numbers and direct dial numbers. Depending on how you would like to handle your incoming and outgoing calls, you may use just one type of number or a combination of the two. Below, we will review what the differences are between the two, common use cases, and how to configure each.
Direct Dial Numbers:
- Direct Dial numbers belong to a user or user group. Think of them as a personal line, as an agent would have with their desk phone.
- A user must have a direct dial number if they need to manually dial or dial leads from the funnel.
- If you only have Direct Dial numbers, every call made by an agent will be from their personal number, and every incoming call will be to a specific user.
- If you choose to also have campaign numbers, the user will use campaign numbers when they are calling campaigns, and their direct dial numbers when calling anywhere else (Funnel, manual dialing, etc...)
Campaign Numbers (Local Presence Numbers)
- Campaign numbers belong to your campaigns. Users essentially "borrow" them while auto, predictive, or preview dialing.
- Having campaign numbers for each area code you will be calling is how you will establish local presence numbers.
- Campaign numbers are useful if you would like one, or one set of, forward-facing numbers for outbound calls.
- Campaign Numbers will ONLY be used when calling campaigns... i.e. If your users need to manually dial or dial leads in the funnel, they will still need a direct dial number.